|Date Posted||November 24, 2022|
|Industry||Colleges and Universities|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Faculty (Rank TBD) - Education - 998170
Job Number: 503174
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Faculty - Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Education
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
2. Selects teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to students.
3. Structures classes to correspond with curriculum, program, and course outcomes. Reviews and revises curriculum materials, course syllabi, and/or instructional assignments to keep students apprised of current practical and theoretical research in their field of expertise.
4. Provides perspectives that include respect for diverse views; responds to student inquiries in a timely manner.
5. Provides and maintains office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation, and consultation.
6. Engages in scholarly research on topics of expertise; evidence of such research may be surmised via publication in scholarly journals, academic presentations, and/or community service within the appropriate disciplines. Searches for new funding sources, manages the completion of grants, and researches and writes new grant applications.
7. Demonstrates a commitment to academic excellence as evidenced by previous work experience.
8. Participates in department, college, and university wide committees and meetings.
9. Participates in state and/or local community service that is a recognized form of career development. Establishes ongoing outreach efforts to maintain referral networks and collaborative relationships with community institutions and community service providers.
10. Serves as a Content Area Faculty in designated area(s) of expertise.
11. Serves on doctoral dissertation committee(s).
12. Develops business contacts for expansion of educational programs that include, but are not limited to, collaborating with non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, school districts, and other external constituencies for the purpose of establishing profitable academic partnerships.
13. Mentors and/or orients new faculty as assigned.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Participates in the accreditation process of programs and in curriculum review committees, as requested. Assists in program administration including planning and conducting information meetings, faculty retreats, seminars, conferences, and workshops.
3. Executes secondary responsibilities in the areas of grant administration and compliance with relevant regulations, as applicable.
4. Reviews credentials of prospective and/or current adjunct employees and makes recommendations for their continued employment and/or teaching assignments, as requested.
5. Assists in recruiting new student populations.
6. Represents the program at state and national conferences, professional organizations, and at recruiting events as requested.
7. Displays behavior consistent with professional ethics.
8. Guides students during laboratory practical sessions.
2. Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence as evidenced by previous work experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of teaching methods including lecture, discussion, collaborative learning and individualized instruction. Current experience in assessment and evaluation of best practices and the ability to implement these approaches.
4. Ability to use technology and innovative technology-based delivery systems.
5. Ability to analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals.
6. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations in the English language; ability to work with diverse groups of students.
7. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline; knowledge of experimental and other research techniques as well as statistical techniques used in testing and research.
8. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
9. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
10. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
11. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing using the English language.
12. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and support staff at all levels.
13. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
14. General knowledge of professional ethical guidelines, administrative functions, NSU and FCE policies/procedures and personnel management.
2. Scholarly contributions to the University, higher education, or one's academic area(s) of specialization that have received peer recognition.
2. Demonstrated ability to teach using a variety of instructional modalities including both face-to-face and virtual classes.
3. Three (3) years of experience teaching students with disabilities in K-12 schools.
4. Evidence of an active research and scholarship agenda.
5. Evidence of exceptional ability in college teaching at the graduate level.
6. Experience teaching in web-based distance learning environments and/or experience web-based course creation and design.
7. Experience with Windows-platform computers and software, multimedia tools and standard digital video/audio tools; information retrieval using the Internet and assessment on information on the Internet.
8. Must hold and maintain current professional certification in Exceptional Student Education (ESE)
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Advertised: Nov 23, 2022 Eastern Standard Time