High School Paraprofessional - Exceptional Student Services / Part - Time
Maricopa Unified School District #20
|Date Posted||November 24, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Maricopa Unified School District #20
44150 West Maricopa/Casa Grande Highway
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
520.568.5100 - main number
520.568.5151 - fax number
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Paraprofessional II
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt Classified Compensation Plan Level 2 9-Month Work Calendar
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist with instruction and supervision of students through one-on-one and group instruction, playground supervision and assisting with testing and assessment of student’s progress. Position longevity will be determined from individual classroom’s needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Works with individual students in classroom or the developmental center to reinforce learning material or skills introduced by the teacher.
- Works with small groups of students in classroom to reinforce learning material or skills introduced by the teacher.
- Supervises students outside of the classroom during lunch period, playground time or before and after school.
- Translates material and information for parents, students and staff.
- Administers tests and assessments.
- Grades papers and maintains records under teacher supervision.
- Maintains files and computer records.
- Assists supervising instructor with duties specifically related to area of instruction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience and knowledge of student needs at different ages, educational and developmental levels.
- Working knowledge of educational practices, processes and techniques.
- Willingness to become familiar with Maricopa Unified School District #20’s educational policies, regulations and rules as well as federal and state laws, regulations, policies and rules.
- Ability to assessing of student’s educational needs.
- Provide tutoring in various educational subjects and areas.
- Operate office equipment and MS Office.
- Skill in communicating verbally, and written, through translation and interpretation
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Required - High School diploma or GED. Required - PRAXIS or Work Keys test accepted, or Associate’s degree, or, 60 college credits. Bilingual preferred. Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION: May involve personal assistance with toileting, hygiene, feeding, lifting as well as other possible needs. Hours will be in relation to the school site hours. Continuing positions for the subsequent school years, if offered, may be rearranged as needed to best meet the needs of the students.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The Maricopa Unified School District 20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. The Maricopa Unified School District 20 is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with title IX of The Education Amendments of 1972 and Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Applications and documentation requirements can be printed from our website at www.maricopausd.org