Virtual After School Tutor - Up to 15 Hours Per Week
ELA and/or Math Small Group Instruction
Tutoring Will Take Place M-Thurs Between 4:00 and 7:00
We are an organization of dedicated educators who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide successful, research based instructional systems, great teaching, excellent support services, and strong partnerships with the schools we serve across the US. We emphasize flexible work schedules, small group teaching environments and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Deliver designated instructional models and strategies in readiness, reading, mathematics, and/or writing skills to eligible students.
- Diagnose learning skill deficits utilizing assessment data.
- Consult with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students.
- Consult and collaborate with the Catapult Learning program Supervisor, Academic Support Team, Instructional Excellence Coach, and other team members to coordinate efforts in the implementation and delivery of exceptional services to students.
- Communicate and conference with school staff, providing information on student progress.
- Develop and maintain individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensure supervision of students at all times.
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by Catapult Learning, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Attend and document conferences/meetings/trainings with supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by Catapult, the school, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintain inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Previous teaching experience preferred.
Must understand that all children can learn.
Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers.
Must be flexible.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Zoom online classroom platform.
Pay Rate: $30/hr
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Work takes place in school settings or from a professionally presented remote space.
As a condition of employment, staff will be required to be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or produce a weekly negative Covid-19 test result. Prospective employees who are partially vaccinated (have received the first vaccination shot and are able to provide a photo of their vaccination card) are able to start work with the understanding they must be fully vaccinated within 45 days of their hire date and must test weekly until they are fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals have the opportunity to demonstrate they are entitled to a reasonable accommodation with respect to this policy for a valid medical or religious reason. All staff are required to wear an approved mask, if and when reporting to a physical work site where they are interacting with others.